Friday, September 18, 2009

The Salmon Are Running to Dinner

In Alaska (and probably in the Lower 48 too) when the salmon come back to the river, or on their way to the stream they were spawned in, they call it the salmon run and this is when it is great fishing.

I had some salmon in my freezer and decided that would be for dinner tonight. I make it really simply and just drizzle some olive oil over it and then add some salt and pepper and then some lemon wedges. That's it. I bake it at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes and wallah. Done!

I also love tomatoes. I had two in my refridgerator that I needed to eat soon before they went bad. I had just a little bit of goat cheese and thought...what a perfect combination. I cut off one end of the tomato and then squeezed out the seeds. I then cut a little bit off the other end so it would sit flat. I put some goat cheese on top and baked as long as the salmon. OMG! They are fab-u-lous!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment