Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cute As A Button Pie Pops

I got this idea from Bakerella's blog a couple of weeks ago. I have a picnic tonight and another one tomorrow and thought this idea would be great to try out. I decided to use apple pie filling. I also thought to use a larger cookie cutter since Bakerella mentioned there was more pie crust taste than pie filling taste. I also decided that since I was using a larger cookie cutter that I would use the larger lollipop sticks.















Everything turned out fabulous except I think I should have used the smaller lollipop sticks because the bigger ones look goofy. You also have really wait until they are completely cooled before picking them up otherwise either the stick slides out or the pop slides down. If you cannot wait then maybe you should put the entire pop into your mouth at once. Ha! If you would like the recipe just leave me a comment with your email address and I will send it to you.



Hope you enjoyed this first blog of mine and hopefully you'll keep coming back for more.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you started a blog!!! Hopefully this will inspire me to get back in the kitchen and try cooking for the 100th time! Welcome to this side of blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! You will enjoy blogging!
    This is a GREAT idea - pie on a stick! YUM-O!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina, clicked your link on Lisa K.s FB page..Love the blog! and would love the pie pop recipe. jtoerne@yahoo.com
    thanks,
    judy

    ReplyDelete