Thursday, September 24, 2009

Popeye Quesadillas

I have these quesadillas at least once a week. OMG! They are so good and so incredibly simple to make. I use the whole wheat tortillas to make it a bit more healthy and then I add in some shredded cheese. You can use any kind of cheese. I usually have shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese always in my refrigerator. I then just add in some fresh spinach. You don't have to cut up the spinach or anything. It just wilts down from the heat. Trust me on this. I know it will look like a ton and you'll think it is too much spinach, but once it wilts down, it's really not that much at all.

I used my quesadilla maker. Again, I do believe this is the most fantastic kitchen appliance there is. It is awesome! But, if you don't have one, no worries, you can simply cook the quesadillas in a skillet and put a can of soup on top for weight. That's some Rachel Ray trickery. Ha! :)

I also used sour cream, which is the Mexican essential right? Ha! And I had some of my friend Rachel's homemade salsa. So yummy!

Okay, I know I've made you really hungry now. So go ahead, step away from the computer, walk into the kitchen and make some quesadillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment