Monday, September 7, 2009

Granola Anyone?

The Pie Pops were a huge hit at both picnics. They were tasty.

I've been making my own granola for a year or so now. I got the recipe from my friend Judy and it is fab-u-lous!!! Everyone that I share it with wants the recipe and since I made some this past weekend I thought I would post about it today. It only has 5 ingredients. Yes, you read correctly...5 ingredients!! I even gave the recipe to one of my students and now she and her dorm mates make it all the time. So, even a college student is capable. :) Just kidding, I know quite a few college students that are quite good cooks.

Here's the recipe: Mix 4 cups of Quaker Oats (not the Quick Oats kind), 2 cups of coconut, and 2 cups of almonds together. In another bowl whisk 3/4 cup of oil with 1/4 cup of honey. Mix it all together (wet with dry ingredients) and put into a large cake pan. Cook for a total of 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven, while taking out at 15 minute intervals to mix around. When finished cooking, immediately take out of the pan (or else it will stick really bad) and place on parchment paper to dry. You can then add in raisins or dried cranberries or whatever you choose.
Yep it is that easy. Seriously, it is. And believe me, once you start eating your own granola you won't be buying it at the grocery store again. And it is so incredibly cheap to make. If you eat a lot of granola then you will be saving a ton of money!

Let me know what you think after making it.

2 comments:

  1. Even a college student can make it!?!?! YAYYYYY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of this granola that Nina made and it was excellent. Kima and I are going to be making more! Yummy!!!!!
    Thanks Nina!
    -John

    ReplyDelete