Saturday, September 19, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

I love, love, love Dunkin Donuts!! My nieces call it Dunkies and the name has stuck with me and so if you know me you know I call it Dunkies.

Since I am living in New England, we have them all over. Seriously, there are probably 3-4 per town and they are in every Stop and Shop grocery store. :) My all-time favorite donut is the Boston Cream. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is filled with custard and then has chocolate icing on top. OMG!!! So good! I know some of you are probably laughing or in utter disbelief, but seriously, some people have never heard of a Boston Cream donut. When I was in graduate school at Kansas State University, none of the bakeries had Boston Cream donuts. I think they were just called Custard Filled donuts. The first time I asked for a Boston Cream donut they looked at me like I was nuts. Now I am nuts sometimes, but this was crazy. Ha!

I also love Dunkin Donuts coffee! Fab-u-lous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always get a medium coffee with one equal and cream. Always the same, every day. If Dunkin Donuts ever went out of business I just don't know what I would do.

As you know my brother Todd and his family live in Alaska and they don't have any Dunkin Donuts in Alaska. Now, Todd and his wife, Terry, loooooooove Dunkies just as much as me. I mean, it was my nieces that came up with the name Dunkies afterall. They love their donuts with sprinkles. I feel so sorry for them. I really wish they could get donuts from Dunkin Donuts like me.

Now, turn off the computer, put on your shoes, grab your keys and drive immediately to the nearest Dunkies!! And tell them I sent ya. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment