Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hot Now!!

If you have ever been to Krispy Kreme you know exactly what the title is all about. Krispy Kreme has the most amazing donuts! They are completely surgary though. If I didn't know any better I would think it was cotton candy. Mmmmm...cotton candy, but I digress, that is a blog story for another day. :) I didn't grow up around Krispy Kreme donuts. I actually never had my first Krispy Kreme donuts until about 4 years ago. Nothing has been the same since. I don't know of any Krispy Kreme donut shops in PA. and there is only one in CT. that I know of. I was near that one this morning and so of course, I stopped and got some.

The glazed donuts at Krispy Kreme are out of this world. They literally (no joke!!!) melt in your mouth. If the "Hot Now" sign out front is lit up then the glazed donuts are really, really fresh and warm. They literally take them right off the belt as they go through the glazing machine. OMG! They are fantastic!!! The chocolate iced cremed filled are also so yummy! The creme is so soft and creamy and just full of sugar. Ha! My mouth is watering just thinking about them. This is funny considering I just had some this morning. :)

The whole donut-making process is open to viewing in the restaurant. It is located right smack in the center of the restaurant. I don't know what it is, but watching donuts being made makes me feel like a kid again. The Krispy Kreme experience is kind of nostalgic. So, go get some Krsipy Kremes and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

1 comment:

  1. I had a "hot" Krispy Kreme last week-end when we went to the AR v. Auburn ballgame. They give you a hot one when you go in the door and of course, you must buy a half dozen at least!!

    We don't have a KK near us...and it's probably a GOOD THING!!

    Also, do you find the Panera soup in the frozen foods area? I bet it hadn't made ARK yet. We LOVE to eat at Panera! Best chicken salad and love ALL their soups! Their summer corn chowder was fab!

    ReplyDelete