Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Monkeying Around

On Christmas morning I usually make a breakfast casserole, but this year we decided to keep it simple and so I made Monkey Bread. OMG!!! Monkey Bread is only the best, most awesome, most delicious food ever!!! Seriously, if you have never had Monkey Bread you have no idea what you are missing.

I made an orange and vanilla flavored Monkey Bread. It is so simple. Seriously, you could go out right now and buy the ingredients and have some uber yummy Monkey Bread in about 30 minutes!!

You take the refrigerated biscuit mix and cut each biscuit into quarters.

Then take a box of instant vanilla pudding and add orange zest and 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon. Roll the biscuit pieces in the dry mixture.

Place the pieces into a greased round cake pan. Next melt 2 tbsp. of butter and drizzle over the pieces. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Mmmmmm....pull apart and enjoy some sweet, gooey, goodness. Go ahead, monkey around!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. We used to make that all the time while growing up. I haven't made it or seen any in years! I never thought to flavor it with orange and vanilla. That looks so yummy. Just another reason I wish we were neighbors!

    Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had Monkey Bread alot but never orange/vanilla! Will have to try it! Orange rolls are good so I'm sure it's like that!

    Nina, just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year and tell you how much I have enjoyed your blog this "past" year and look forward to more this new year!!

    Blessings to you in the New Year!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete