Wednesday, March 3, 2010

White Chicken Chili

Okay, first off why is it called White Chicken Chili? What other kind of chicken is there besides white chicken???? Very confused by that. Ha!

Anywho, last night for dinner I made some White Chicken Chili. I love this dish because it is so full of flavor, so simple, pretty darn healthy and super yummy! And it doesn't make a ton and so since it is juts me I don't have to worry about all of the leftovers. I'm not a huge leftover fan. I can last about 2 days, maybe 3 on leftovers, and then I am just tired of it.
Like I said, soooo easy. You just take a pound of chicken and cut it into cubes and cook in a pan with 1 tbsp. of oil.


Once the chicken is white (and no longer pink) add in 1 cup of water and a packet of McCormick's White Chicken Chili mix and 1 can of white beans. Let that come to a boil and then turn it back to simmer for 10 minutes. That's it!!! So simple!


OMG!!! So good! I like to put green Tabasco on mine to add a little heat. I also put in onions, cheese and sour cream. You know, the normal chili staples. What do you like on your chili?

You should really stop by the grocery store today and pick up the ingredients because after a half hour of being home you will have an amazing and super yummy dinner ready. And it is healthy too!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good. I am glad you posted this. I will definitely be making some. I didn't know there was a seasoning mix for this.

    We are so much alike. I love the green Tabasco. I also put sour cream, cheese and onions on my chili. I use Cholula too, if I don't use the Tabasco.

    ReplyDelete