Friday, March 26, 2010

Granola (No, really Granola, not tree-huggers). :)

I know I posted about this granola very early on in my blog, but I made it again the other night and I think it turned out the best I ever made it. It is so simple to make and super cheap. Seriously, if you like granola and buy it a lot, then you should really try my recipe and make it yourself.

You take 4 cups of oats, not the minute oats, but the old fashion kind in the tall cardboard cylinder. Then add to that, 2 cups of coconut and 2 cups of sliced almonds. Don't use slivered almonds, make sure they are sliced or whole. I like them with a little bit of salt too, but you can just as easily use the unsalted almonds. In a separate small bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup of oil with 1/4 cup of honey. Whisk it together until it is fully incorporated. Then pour the honey mixture in with the oat mixture and stir completely until it is completely mixed. Pour it out into a glass cake pan and put into a 250 degree oven for 15 minutes, take it out and stir completely and then put it back in for another 15 minutes, again take it out and stir around completely and then put back in for another 15 minutes. Next, take it out and lay on wax paper or parchment paper until it is completely cooled. Put into a container and you can add craisins, cranberries, raisins, etc.

OMG! It is fab-u-lous!!! Seriously the BEST granola you will ever have. And it is waaaaaaay cheaper than buying it at the grocery store, cause let's face it granola is just way over priced.

1 comment:

  1. That looks great and I'm going to share this recipe with my mom. She has been wanting a good granola recipe.

    Thanks for the tip on the Mrs. Meyer's. I will check Target's prices. I love the stuff so much!

    ps. You asked about my camera. It's a Canon Digital Rebel XSI. I also have several lenses that I alternate and that makes all the difference. Thanks for the compliments! :)

    ReplyDelete