Monday, January 25, 2010

Nutella & Nanners

I started a Chick Lit Book Club and we met for the first time yesterday. I hosted the first meeting at my place. I made so many yummy foods and so keep checking back this week to see what all we had.

I was at a conference a couple of weeks ago and had something like chocolate and banana won-tons. And so I got to thinking that since this was going to be a brunch type of food affair it would be great to mix Nutella and bananas and fill won-tons and then fry them. OMG!!! So incredibly yummy!!! They were super fab-u-lous!!! The ultimate, uber, dessert!! Seriously, I cannot say enough about them.

They were really easy to make. I just took a little bit (you really need to keep it to a little bit or it will be too full (yes there is such a thing) and seep out the sides), probably like a tsp. and place in the center of a won-ton wrapper (these can be found in the grocery store where the tofu is) and then place a little bit of banana on top of that. Fold it up and seal it with some water on your fingertip and then drop into a pot of hot oil. It doesn't take long at all to cook so definitely keep an eye them.

They are so crunchy and then gooey and warm and chocolately. OMG!! Sooooo good. They were a big hit and everyone seemed to like them. I can't say if they were really healthy, but Nutella is somewhat good for you considering it tastes like chocolate and then you have the bananas, which are a fruit. If it weren't for the frying part they would be perfect. Well, perfect for the health conscious people. Who are they again????

No comments:

Post a Comment