Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lucky I Don't Have to Sew These Buttons!

Seriously, I don't know how to sew on a button. :) My mom has shown me a bazillion times, but I just can't get the hang of it. I always ask her to sew it on for me. Thank goodness for moms right?

Anywho, my mom and I took my niece, Danica, to Cracker Barrel for breakfast this morning. You know how much I love me some Cracker Barrel. I'm not even joking, I could eat there every morning! Ha! So, when we walked in and were waiting to be seated Danica sees all the candy and she says to me, "If if eat all my food can I have a very special treat?", of course I have to say yes because she asked so nicely. Well, she orders a pancake and the pancake is huge. She ate half of it and I thought that was good enough. I don't want her to learn bad habits like I did when I was little (you have to eat everything on your plate because there are starving children in the world).

We get done eating and head on out to the store and she first picks up this big box of candy. I tell her that is way too much candy and her momma will kill me if I buy her that. Then she picks up some wax bottles. You know the ones with the juice in them. I try to explain to her that those really are not for eating. I don't think she would like them. Finally, she chooses the candy buttons. She says to me, "I don't know what these are or what they taste like but I want them". Ha! So we bought them.

When I was little I loved these. I don't remember them being this big or this many on a single sheet though. I mean really there are a lot and the package comes with three sheets of candy buttons!!!!! Plus, I remember when I was little I would peel off the candy and always get some paper residue stuck on the candy and just eat the paper and all! There was no paper sticking with these. They came in cherry, orange, lemon and raspberry! I don't remember lemon or raspberry flavors either. OMG!! They are so good. However, it is not vintage or old time candy if it is all together different from what it was. :)

Do you remember these and did you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment