Saturday, July 24, 2010

Country Fried (Is there really any other way???)

I was told by my blog friend Nicolle that while in the south on vacation I had to have some country fried steak with white gravy and green beans cooked in bacon fat.

Well, I did have some fab-u-lous country fried steak with white gravy!!! OMG!!! This was incredible!!! It really is so good in case you've never had it. I remember growing up my mom and my sister loved country fried steak, but for some reason I never did. I loved fried chicken, but not steak. Well, I don't know what the heck was wrong with me because this stuff is AWESOME!!!! The outside is crispy like fried chicken, but then the inside is juicy like a steak. Seriously, doesn't that just make your mouth water reading this???

Well, I didn't see green beans cooked in bacon grease in any restaurant we went to and so I didn't get to try those. However, I did get dumplins with my country fried steak. These were delicious!!! They were thick and creamy. I love dumplins. I've had these before and didn't know they were southern. But I can see with the rich and creaminess that they would be. :) I swear all things in the south are rich and creamy. Mmmmmmm.

1 comment: