Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Super Duper Weenie...the BEST

Yep, that's really the name of the place, Super Duper Weenie! If you watch the Food Network and ever watch Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, then you have seen this place on one of the episodes!!! Guy did an episode on Super Duper Weenie. It is located in Fairfield, CT.

To look at the place you would think "Yeah, right. It's a little shack and probably not too good." But boy would you would be wrong!!! This place is fab-u-lous!!!! OMG!!! really, really good. It is a little shack, but it has humongous character and flavor!! :)

They have about 15 different kinds of hot dogs to choose from. This time I got the California Dog, which consists of fresh cut onions, a homemade chili sauce and American cheese. It was really good!!!

And OMG!!! can I just tell you how AMAZING the french fries are?!!!!! They are fresh cut and just sooooo good. YUMMY!!!!!

If you are ever driving up I-95 through Connecticut in Fairfield and see a billboard for the Super Duper Weenie then you have got to stop!! It is right off the highway and so easy off, easy on.

What do you like on your hot dogs?

3 comments:

  1. You won't believe this, but Boone is the area where we go in the mountains. Small world, isn't it? Hope you have a wonderful 4th. You mentioned the Amish. Some of my favorite trips have been to the Amish country in Pennsylvania. Great place to visit and lots of great food!! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. I'm jealous. I don't think we have any kind of hot dog place like that around here. I watch those shows, so I'm sure I've seen this place on one of them before. It looks yummy!

    I like anything and everything on mine, but most of the time I like it simple...just mustard.

    Have a good holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen PBS''A Hot Dog Show'? It's relatively old, but it profiles quite a few hot dog places in the U.S. Two places I've visited are both in NYC: Gray's Papaya and Papaya King.
    Check out the show if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete