Monday, April 5, 2010

Ambrosia (Huh?)

My mom has made this dish called Ambrosia for picnics since I was little. I'm not really sure where the name comes from, but it is really good! Mmmmm...I can even taste it right now as I am typing this. Yummy!!

Now this is a really simple dessert to make. Everything is 1 cup!! You first take 1 cup of marshmallows.
Then add in 1 cup of canned pineapple (I'm sure you could use fresh too, but the canned is so much easier).

Next, add in 1 cup of mandarin oranges. Who doesn't love the sweetness of mandarin oranges??? They are cute and sweet and good for you too! :)

Next, add in 1 cup of sour cream and then 1 cup of coconut.

Mix it all together well and then eat! :) Yep, it is that simple. It is pretty light and refreshing. the texture is fun. I swear if you make this for dessert, everyone will love it. Your kids will love it too!!

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE ambrosia. I have not had it in years, and I've never made it.

    I am going to use your recipe and make it next time we have company. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family always has this at holidays.

    ReplyDelete