Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mellow Mushroom = Goooooood

I felt like I had to put the goooooood like that because it is supposed to be a mellow place and so that means talking slowly right? Ha! What the heck am I talking about right? Well, when my mom and I were in Tennessee and in Pigeon Forge we ate one night at this pizza place called the Mellow Mushroom! The outside is so cool looking and so we needed to check it out. The inside was so cool too. Very mellow indeed. Lots of tie-dye and lava lamps. Ha! Makes me wonder what the owners were thinking (or not thinking at all) when they designed the place. :)

We started out with cheese garlic bread, which is always one of my favorites. If it's on the menu and I am at a pizza place I am 100% guaranteed to order it for an appetizer! It is just so good. This was OMG!!!! so gooey and cheesy and fab-u-lous!!! And there was a ton of it. Yep, my mom and I ate the whole thing too!!!

Then we ordered a pizza. Man, I tell there was a ton to choose from. You could order a pizza and add on your own toppings, but that can get pricey especially if you are like me and love a ton of pizza toppings. So, we choose the white pizza, which is a favorite of mine. It had olive oil, goat cheese, another kind of cheese I cannot remember now, tomatoes, and roasted red peppers. OMG!!! really, really good!! We each had two pieces of pizza and took the two other pieces along with us and then had them in the car on the way home the next day. I love cold pizza the next day. Seriously, it has been my go to staple for breakfast many many times.

I think the Mellow Mushroom is a chain in the south right? Have you ever heard of it or been there?

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Mellow Mushroom! But that pizza sounds and looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina...this looks delicious! But really what I wanted to tell you is that the pointer finger thing was SO funny. I think *I* am going to do THAT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this place either. I will google it. It looks wonderful though. We love pizza!! I love mine with just cheese, or I love ham and pineapple. I think I could eat pizza every day.

    Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete