Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Double Chocolate What???

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread that's what!! Yep, double chocolate zucchini bread. It is FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!! Seriously, you've got to try this. You know you always have so many zucchinis in your garden and so what do you do, make zucchini bread, zucchini pancakes, grill it, etc. Who would've thunk it that you could add chocolate and even double chocolate? OMG!!! Soooo incredible. And it is so simple!

First you take 2 zucchinis and peel them. You can leave the skin on (it won't change the taste), but I always peel mine.

Next, grate the zucchini. I just use a box grater.

Then, in one bowl mix together 4 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of cocoa (I use Hershey's powdered kind), 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 3/4 tsp. of salt, 1 tsp. of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg.

In a separate bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of oil, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups of milk, and 2 tsp. vanilla.

At intervals add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until it is fully mixed.

Then add in 1 cup of chocolate chips.

Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove from the pans and cool completely.

DELICIOUS!!!!! You will never even know this has zucchini in it! C'mon your kids will love this and you will get them to eat some vegetables too! Plus!

6 comments:

  1. Is this on the Weight Watchers plan???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, I did figure out the WW points. Any food is on the WW plan. It's just all about moderation and portion size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is gorgeous! How many points did you figure it to be? I'm going to send this recipe to my Mom - she's doing WW and she LOVES zucchini bread...the chocolate just makes it that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! thanks for sharing this...sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love zuchinni bread, but have never had it with chocolate. I am going to make this. Looks and sounds soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi again. I haven't tried to make this one yet. Our house is filled with birthday cake right now, so too many sweets. ps. I use a steam cleaner from Walmart. I think it was about $175. Bissell maybe, can't remember. I love it. I use the Resolve carpet shampoo. Smells great and you wouldn't believe how much dirt it pulls from the carpet.

    ReplyDelete