Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sarah's Uber Healthy Cookies

My past Research Assistant and student, Sarah, has a recipe for these amazingly healthy cookies. She was a distance runner and now she and her husband own a Cross Fit gym and so they are super healthy and fit. I was skeptical at first because c'mon "healthy cookies", Ithinknot. But, I thought I would give it a try.

OMG!!! They are fab-u-lous!!!! And so simple and delicious.

You mix 1/3 cup of butter, 2/3 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 tsp, cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. baking soda, 1 egg, 1/2 unsweetened applesauce (I actually used sweetened), 1 1/4 cup of flour, and 1 14/ cup of big oats. Mix that all together really well and then drop onto a cookie sheet. Place in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes and then devour!!!! You can also add in raisins or craisins or dark chocolate chips, which is what I added.

They are unbelievable. You really cannot imagine that they are healthy. But look at the ingredients and you know they are. They are super good, or uber good! They don't have any sugar and really nothing that fattening or bad for you :) Try them out and let me know what you think. I have a friend Dave that I am hoping will try these out. he thinks I always eat a ton of junk, which is sometimes true, but these are right up his alley. Hope he's proud. :)

1 comment:

  1. Those look great. I'm going to print this out and make them sometime.

    I'm glad you got the coffee. I have been meaning to send it your way forever. :))

    ReplyDelete