Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sick of the Snow? Make a Snowball Cake.

I made this Snowball Cake for Christmas dinner. It is sooooo good and really lovely. And did I mention that it is so simple to make. Seriously, even the cooking challenged could make this cake! Ha! :)

So many of my friends in CT. are sick of the snow and so I figured they could make this Snowball Cake and maybe not hate it so much. I love the snow and it figures that I moved back home to PA. and then it snows a ton in CT.

So, first you mix a Devil's Food Cake according to the directions. I mix this in a glass mixing bowl and this is what I bake it in too. Make sure you have a bowl that you are able to put in the oven.

Next, mix together one block of 8-0z cream cheese and 1 egg and 2 tbsp. of sugar.

Then plop (yep, that's exactly what you do) it right in the center of the cake mixture and then put the bowl in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes.

After baking take out of the oven and cool for about 10 minutes or so

and then turn over inverted and empty onto a wire rack. Let the cake cool completely.

For the icing, mix 1 package of Vanilla Instant Pudding, 1/4 cup of Powdered Sugar and 1 cup of milk. Stir in 2 cups of Cool Whip.

Once the cake has cooled completely, ice the cake and then sprinkle white coconut all over the cake. I probably used more than what was called for, but I think it looks so pretty with all of the coconut on top and on the platter too.

Beautiful right? Now, the snow is not so bad right. Make this cake and the snow will not seem so bad anymore. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nina! I've missed you. Hope you are dong well!

    That looks delicious. My mom and I love those little snowball snack cakes from the store. I bet we would love this. It's so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete