Friday, December 24, 2010

Fresh Caught Salmon from Alaska

As I've mentioned before my brother Todd lives in Alaska.He loves salmon fishing and goes many times during the salmon season. You can really only catch salmon when they are running.

I mean really look at all of those fish and the size of them!!!! My brother is the one on the right.

He catches, cleans and sometimes even smokes his own salmon. He sent us a big box of the salmon he caught and some of it was smoked. Mmmmmmm, is it ever good! Seriously, there are so many things you can do with smoked salmon. We had a family Christmas Party a couple of weeks ago and I decided to make some Smoked Salmon Dip. OMG!!! It was fab-u-lous!!! Forget about the smoked salmon from the grocery, BLEH, this is sooooo much better. I mean c'mon really, what is better than fresh caught wild Alaska salmon??? (nothing.) If you cannot get it fresh then the farm raised or wild in your local market should do okay too.

So, he sent me three pieces of smoked salmon. You will need 8-12 ounces for this recipe.

I cut it up into little chunks.

Then I added an assortment of ingredients, such as:
8oz. softened Cream Cheese
1 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. Tobasco sauce
1 bunch of green onions
1/2-1 tsp. of garlic powder
1/2-1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 pack of fresh dill (I just grabbed a bunch from the herb garden that wasn't yet frozen)
1 tsp. of Old Bay Seasoning
a dash of black pepper
and some squeezes of fresh lemon juice.

Then you mix this all up in a bowl and then put into a cute and festive bowl and walluh that's it! So easy right? You've got to try it. I know your mouth is watering right now isn't it. Lucky me for having a super awesome brother that lives in Alaska. Thanks Todd (and I think my sister-in-law Terry caught some of these too!!!) Plus, it is her recipe! And yes, she is the one that inspired me to write this blog in the first place!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool that he sends you fun treats. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat!!! I'd love to visit Alaska some day.

    My daughter absolutely loves Salmon. I'll save this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! That recipe looks great~ can't wait until I can eat cold fish again (after my second is born)...this recipe will definitely be on my list. I have a similar dip recipe on my blog, but your fillets are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete